Rebekah Baines Johnson Center
RBJ Center is an independent living center for seniors (over 62 years of age) and people with disabilities. It is situated in the heart of Austin, overlooking Ladybird Lake.
More about the center
- The RBJ Center tower has 16 stories, with 250 apartments: 112 efficiency units (approx. 400 sq. ft) and 138 one-bedrooms (approx. 650 sq. ft).
- The Austin Geriatric Center, a 501-c-3 non-profit organization, is the founder and operator of RBJ. Their mission is to provide low-income elderly and handicapped people with housing and services specifically designed to meet their physical, social and psychological needs, and to promote their health, security, happiness and usefulness in longer living. RBJ is the Austin Geriatric Center’s only program.
- The center overlooks Ladybird Lake, offering stunning views and close proximity to Austin's vibrant downtown. It is located on a bus line, with Capital Metro shuttles that transport residents to/from the grocery store several days a week.
- There is an abundance of indoor and outdoor community space, including a large community room and library on the ground floor. RBJ's resident council plans many activities each month, including field trips, games, and musical entertainment.
- We are an independent living facility. There is no nursing assistance and social service assistance is very limited.
RBJ's Past and Future
RBJ has a long and proud history of nearly 40 years in Austin. Read more about RBJ's history....
RBJ is now looking toward the future and planning to renovate the current tower as well as build additional units. Read more about RBJ's future...
Rebekah Baines Johnson Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.